Carbon Monoxide Awareness

Carbon monoxide gas is known as the “silent killer”. It is a poisonous gas created by poor combustion or improper ventilation of furnaces, water heaters, fireplaces and even motor vehicles (left running in an enclosed area). Since it cannot be seen or even smelled, if concentrations become high enough, it can quickly injure or kill you or a loved one. In Colorado, an average of 8 people per year have been dying of carbon monoxide poisoning, and nationwide, nearly 500 people per year die, and many more are injured from the effects of carbon monoxide.

 

Carbon Monoxide Facts

Carbon Monoxide Detector Legislation

How to Help